Keeping your living room furniture in Batesville, AR clean is no easy task. This is especially true for families with kids and pets. Accidents and spills happen all the time, and most of us don’t have it in our budget to call a professional cleaner every time something gets dirty. Thankfully, there are a few tips that you can use at home to keep your furniture looking clean and tidy 365 days a year:
- Try to prevent accidents: It may be hard, but preventing accidents from happening in the first place is a great way to ensure you don’t need to constantly clean your living room furniture. If you have kids, don’t let them eat or drink in the living room. As for pets, any dogs or cats in your house shouldn’t be allowed on your furniture.
- Vacuum: Most vacuums on the market these days come with a variety of attachments to clean every crack and crevice in your home—and one of the attachments on many of these models is meant to clean your upholstery! Popping on the correct attachment makes getting crumbs, dirt and pet hair off your couch or chair as easy as can be. If your vacuum doesn’t have the right attachment, a small hand-held vacuum can typically do the trick.
- Lint roller: There’s no need to bust out the vacuum every time you need to clean off some crumbs or pet hair. Keep a lint roller handy to quickly and easily wipe off your living room furniture in Batesville, AR. The only downside is that this technique only works on fabric furniture. A lint roller won’t do much good to clean off a leather couch.
- Leather soap and conditioner: Even though those of us with leather furniture can’t use a lint roller, we’re not out of luck. Purchase leather soap and leather conditioner from a furniture store and use it regularly to keep your furniture looking pristine. You don’t have to rub your leather with soap and conditioner on a daily basis, but it doesn’t hurt to do it once every few weeks. It may be worth wiping your leather furniture with a slightly damp rag once a week to remove any minor dust and pet hair.
- Spot clean: Keep an eye out for any small stains. If you catch them early enough, you may be able to spot clean them with a towel and some dish soap. Be sure to blot the stain rather than wipe it, as wiping could make the stain set faster.
- Get our protection plan: While all of the tips and tricks above can help keep your upholstery and leather clean, buying our protection plan is the easiest way to ensure great-looking living room furniture in Batesville, AR. Our protection plan covers cleaning from everyday stains and can also help cover repairs from accidental damage. If you want your furniture to look great, there’s no reason not to take advantage of our plan.
If it’s time to replace your living room furniture, look no further than David’s Home and Sleep Center. We’ve been in the furniture business for years and sell home furnishings to match any style and budget!
Categorised in: Living Room Furniture