You probably have at least one mirror in your home, likely over a bathroom sink or set in a vanity. But did you know that mirrors also make excellent home decor in Batesville, AR? Mirrors aren’t merely functional pieces—while they certainly fulfill a functional purpose by letting us checking our reflections, they also have the power to open up a small space, reflect light and even act as the central piece of decoration on a wall.
If you’re looking to spruce up an empty wall, fill a space over a table or shelf or open up a smaller room or hallway, decorating with a mirror can make a huge difference. Try some of these tips to put mirrors to use in almost any room in your home:
- In decorative frames: One of the most popular ways to add a mirror to your home decor in Batesville, AR is to install it inside a unique-looking frame. The best part of this is that the mirror will match your existing decor no matter what—you just need to find a frame that suits your style. Use an ornately carved frame for more traditional styles, or opt for a bright pop of color to make the mirror stand out on your wall. These mirrors look great in living rooms, hallways and bedrooms.
- Grouped gallery-style: Another simple tip is to group framed mirrors together on a single wall. You might choose to hang two or three identical mirrors spaced equally to create a balanced look, or group together multiple smaller mirrors in different frames to bring eclectic unity to a unique blend of styles. This look is best achieved on a larger, more open wall in a living room, dining room or kitchen.
- Oversized floor mirrors: Mirrors can help open up your space and make it look bigger while maintaining simplicity. Prop an oversized mirror in a simple frame against a wall in your living room, bedroom, entryway or at the end of the hallway for a touch of elegance and reflected light paired with functionality.
- Behind a dining room table: Adding a large mirror to a busy room like the dining room can create the illusion of more space. To achieve the best effect, look for a mirror that takes up the majority of the upper part of the wall nearest to the dining room table.
- Backsplashes: Mirrors can make a statement when installed as the backsplash for your stove or substituting for tile in the bathroom. Paired with neutral color schemes, a mirrored backsplash gives off a modern vibe and is certain to draw the attention of guests.
- On wardrobe panels: For smaller houses or apartments, installing mirrors on existing furniture like wardrobe panels can help brighten up the space, make it look larger and provide you with a functional and stylish area for dressing.
- Tabletops: Use small or large mirrors as decoration atop tables like end tables or dining tables. Mirrors make great centerpieces, especially with decorations like candles or flowers on top of them.
If you’re still not sure how mirrors might fit into your home decor in Batesville, AR, visit David’s Home and Sleep Center. Not only will our associates be able to assist you in choosing the best decor for your home, but our interior decorator can schedule an appointment to visit your home and decorate for you! We also have a wide variety of high-quality furniture to help you furnish every room in your home. Visit us today!
Categorised in: Home Decor