Most people spend nearly a third of their lives asleep, which means that it’s tremendously important to spend all of that time in a healthy and clean environment. Your mattress should be comfortable and well kept—if the cleanliness of your mattress isn’t up to snuff, you should probably be concerned about the long-term health concerns you may be exposing yourself to.
Mattresses collect dust, dander, pet debris and plant pollens. Additionally, they absorb a small amount of sweat and other bodily fluids each night, making them the perfect breeding ground for pathogens that target humans.
One of the best ways to ensure that your mattress isn’t negatively affecting your health is by investing in regular mattress cleaning services, and by replacing your mattress and bedding frequently. In between cleanings and replacements, however, you should consider investing in a high-quality mattress cover that can keep you safe and healthy. Mattress covers can be easily obtained at a mattress warehouse in Batesville, AR.
Here are just some of the benefits associated with mattress covers:
- Prevents spills and stains: One of the most immediate benefits of investing in a mattress cover that you’ll notice is the fact that they prevent spills and stains from ruining your mattress. Mattresses are often substantial investments, which means that you want to protect them as much as possible.
- Makes it easier to clean: Mattress covers make it substantially easier to clean your mattress. You can simply remove the cover, and most of the dust and debris that’s collected can be wiped or washed off. While you should still sterilize your mattress, this makes the act of cleaning it much easier.
- Stops pathogens: When bodily fluids, dead skin cells and more collect in the fibers of your mattress, they facilitate the growth and development of pathogens. You can prevent these diseases from spreading by investing in a mattress cover that creates an inhospitable environment for bacterial growth.
- Reduces allergy symptoms: Pet allergens and plant pollens both collect in mattresses, meaning that oftentimes your bed may be making you exhibit allergy symptoms, like sneezing and coughing. When you use a mattress protector, however, you can prevent your allergy symptoms from growing worse.
- Stops bed bugs: Almost all travelers fear bringing bed bugs into their home. Even the nicest hotels may be secretly infested with bed bugs, and you may not realize it until it’s too late. Thankfully, mattress covers can help you keep bed bugs out of the fibers of your mattress itself.
For more than a decade, David’s Home and Sleep Center has been the most trusted mattress warehouse in Batesville, AR. We are proud to provide our customers with high-quality mattresses that meet their needs, and mattress care solutions that keep their beds in prime condition for as long as possible. We are a family owned furniture store, and we are proud of our long history of community service in the greater Batesville area. To learn more about our extensive inventory of new beds and mattresses, and to find out if one of our store’s high-quality mattress care solutions may be right for you, contact one of our friendly representatives today!
Categorised in: Mattress Warehouse