Lack of sleep causes impaired cognitive function, reduced physical abilities, irritability, weight gain, hypertension and a whole host of other serious health concerns. Most healthy adults need between six and eight hours of sleep each night to continue functioning at their very best physical and mental capacities. If you’re not sleeping as much as you should be, your work, personal life and health may be suffering for it.
Additionally, it’s important that the sleep you’re getting is deep enough to fully recharge your physical and mental capacities. It’s important to enter rapid eye movement (REM) sleep each night, or else you may wake up feeling irritable and unrested.
Fortunately, there are a number of easy steps that you can take to improve the quantity and quality of the sleep you get at home. For instance, you may consider investing in a new mattress from a furniture store in Batesville, AR.
Here are just a few things you can do to improve your sleep schedule and ensure that your body is healthy and rested:
- Keep cool: If your room is too warm, it could be keeping you from getting a good night’s sleep. Your room should be between 60 and 65 degrees Fahrenheit to promote a proper sleeping environment. If it’s too warm or cool, you may not sleep correctly through the night.
- Exercise regularly: The best way you can improve your sleeping habits is to exercise each and every day. Establishing a good workout routine will provide your body with a good rhythm, and will help wear you out. If you have a job that requires extended periods of sitting, this is essential.
- Avoid caffeine: Any caffeine, at any time of the day, is likely to affect your body’s sleeping habits. If possible, avoid any caffeine intake. If you can’t live without your morning cup of coffee, however, try to avoid caffeine intake any time after lunch. This will help you maintain a healthy sleep schedule.
- Don’t nap: Naps, particularly in the afternoon, are almost guaranteed to disrupt your body’s sleep schedule. Taking a nap will mean that you’re not tired until later on in the night. When you wake up the following morning, however, you won’t feel properly rested. This can create a vicious cycle.
- Buy a better mattress: Investing in a more comfortable mattress and better bedding is a great way to improve your nocturnal comfort and ensure that you’re well rested. If your mattress or your bedding is distracting you, it’s virtually impossible to get a good night’s sleep.
Since 2006, David’s Home and Sleep Center has been a premier furniture store in Batesville, AR. Our family owned and locally operated store boasts more than a decade of experience providing customers with high-quality home furnishing solutions that meet their individual needs. We are committed to helping you find a mattress that fits within your budget and will help you improve your health and sleep. To learn more about our extensive inventory and see how we can help you find a mattress that works for you, contact one of our friendly representatives today.
Categorised in: Furniture Store